Found this site in my wanderings the other day when I was supposed to be studying for an exam. It is based on a book called The 5 Patterns of Extraordinary Careers by James M. Citrin and Richard A. Smith and more info can be found at www.5patterns.com.
The basic premise of this book is that people who have extraordinary careers display some common patterns:
- Understand the Value of You
- Practice Benevolent Leadership
- Overcome the Permission Paradox
- Differentiate Using the 20/80 Principle of Performance
- Find the Right Fit (Strengths, Passions & People)
There are some really good ideas here and a quiz you can do to see if your career will be “extraordinary”. Personally I’m always up for a quiz!