Steve Rubel over at Micropersuasion is arguing that the Web 2.0 World is Skunk Drunk on Its Own Kool-Aid.
His evidence includes:
- No one’s casting a cynical eye anymore.
- No one’s looking at valuations and reality
- The endless dot-com parties are back.
- So are the countless trade shows/conferences that regurgitate the same “new paradigms” the last 10 events did – with no end in sight.
- And yes, the ridiculous BS press releases are flying into my Gmail box.
Steve might just have a point. I’ve discussed this with a few friends recently and they’ve pointed out that ‘real’ money is being made this time around. I’m still not convinced – does that make a cynic (or as my mate Ian would term it, a realist)?