- caught the train to the city & back for meetings
- walked between meetings (even though it was raining)
- had a good chat with the blokes at the takeway shop about where their produce came from – turns out their spices are the only thing that comes from far away (overseas via Bankstown)
- decided against using the heater to keep warm (see picture on right)
- did not manage to purchase any food for the house so resorted to takeaway
- did not manage to buy any local wine either (suspect Hunter is closest for north side Sydney folks – does that mean I have to drink red?)
- forgot to take my calico bag with me in case I bought any stuff (no good if it’s on the kitchen table and you’re in the city)
Things I have learned today include that living local requires more planning and forethought. Everything I pick up needs to be thought about, labels to be read and trade-off decisions made. In summary, better planning & lots more thought is on the agenda.